[exim] Re: domain refuses all mail sent from <>, dialup exi…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Marc D Ronell
Aan: exim-users
CC: list for the Exim MTA
Onderwerp: [exim] Re: domain refuses all mail sent from <>, dialup exim4/debian
>> "Tim" == Tim Jackson <lists@???> writes:

> Hi Marc, on Thu, 14 Oct 2004 23:21:13 -0400 you wrote: [checking
> if ISPs accept null sender mail]
>> It would be nice to use this approach to verify potential IPSs,
>> but in testing the dig on the MX followed by the telnet to port
>> 25, it seems my machine is unable to telnet to port 25 of any
>> machine outside of my current domain.

> There's a good chance that your current ISP has blocked all
> outbound port 25 connections, to prevent some of the problems
> caused by viruses/worms etc. I actually wish more ISPs would do
> this, so long as they had an "opt out" for customers that know
> what they're doing.

> You'll have to try from some location that doesn't have outbound
> port 25 blocked, or get the new ISP to give you a written
> agreement that they will not indiscriminately block null sender
> mail.

> Tim

Thanks for all the replies and assistance.

Unfortunately, it appears I do not have access at the moment to a
domain where outbound port 25 is unblocked to test other potential new
ISP setups. Finding a reliable, inexpensive, but savvy and well
maintained ISP in the Boston area with a good inbound/outbound mail
service, nntp, etc is turning into a very difficult concern if I hope
to stay at the same rate of about $9/month. I personally wish the
industry was better regulated.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions,

Marc