RE: [exim] FAQ Q0041, Q0066

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Simon Friedberger
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: RE: [exim] FAQ Q0041, Q0066
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Simon Friedberger wrote:

> well of course that solves the issue but then all mails with pre- or suffixes
> get bounced because the router cannot verify them anymore

In that case, you have to find a way of verifying them that will work
when the code is running as exim, because that's the case when messages
are being received. In other words, you can't run the user's filter as
that user like you can when delivering.

This is a fundamental restriction in the Exim design, I'm afraid. While
it is communicating with an external host, it is running as exim, and
cannot use root privilege.

It is permitted to have routers that can be used *only* for verifying
(verify_only). Maybe that can help? You could create a file with a list
of permitted pre/suffixes that the user exim can read, and use a
verify_only router to check it, for instance.