Re: [exim] how to remove outgoing Received header?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Stephen Gran
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] how to remove outgoing Received header?
On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 07:11:31AM +0800, Dan Jacobson said:
> >> Why do you want to remove it?
>
> D> To make mail queued to be sent out over my modem a little smaller,
>
> >> Use an ssh tunnel like this -
> >>
> >> $ ssh -2 -L 2525:localhost:25 you@???
> >>
> >> And then (as you use gnus) set the gnus smtp server to localhost:2525
>
> Well, not all my mail is generated in gnus. So there.
>
> >> It's dog slow and you have to remain online ...
>
> I smell inelegance. P.S., I only connect for 10 minutes a day on a
> puny modem. The ISP must wolf down a whole day of my brilliant
> outgoing email before another coin drops into the telephone company's
> coffer.
>
> >> but saves you from this nonsense of trying to strip received headers
>
> Actually, I don't want to strip it. I just don't want to add it in the
> first place. So it's not a rewrite, but a don'twrite I suppose.

Well, try using the facilities exim offers you:

steve@mercury:~$ exim -bP received_header_text
received_header_text = Received: ${if def:sender_rcvhost \
{from $sender_rcvhost\n\t}
{${if def:sender_ident {from $sender_ident }}
${if def:sender_helo_name {(helo=$sender_helo_name)\n\t}}}}
by $primary_hostname ${if def:received_protocol {with $received_protocol}}
${if def:tls_cipher {($tls_cipher)\n\t}}(Exim $version_number)\n\tid
$message_id${if def:received_for {\n\tfor $received_for}}

Wrap the whole thing in an if eq{$sender_rcvhost}{my.host} ... {no}{yes},
so that it won't generate those headers when getting mail from your one
machine.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Classical music is the kind we keep     |
|  steve@???             | thinking will turn into a tune.   --    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Kin Hubbard, "Abe Martin's Sayings"     |