Re: [exim] Why is AOL banging on my mail server?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Andrew - Supernews
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Why is AOL banging on my mail server?

Doug> Hi --
Doug> This afternoon AOL was banging unmercifully on my mail server
Doug> for about an hour.

The logs you show are for _you_ banging on _AOL's_ server... and
them not liking it much.

Let's look at one log entry (which I'll split up for clarity):

2004-10-14 16:54:17 1CICbv-0006fL-4E

(date, time, message-id)

**

"**" means that this line is a delivery failure - your exim is trying
to deliver to a remote site, and got a permanent error

puddin177@???

You're trying to send to this address at AOL

R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp:

Those are the router and transport used to send the message

SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:

obvious

host mailin-02.mx.aol.com [205.188.156.249]:

This is the mailserver you're talking to at the time, one of AOL's
inbound servers (as expected for a delivery attempt to an @aol.com
address)

554-: (RLY:CS3) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554rlycs.html\n
554 TRANSACTION FAILED

That's AOL's rejection message. If you look at that page, it says:

EXPLANATION:

This error message indicates that your email has been identified as
coming from a server or web site that may have a compromised script
or program available.

So AOL thinks (apparently with good reason) that you have an abuse
problem (perhaps something like an abusable formmail script or similar)
and they've blocked you as a result.

You need to start by looking at your systems to see where all that
mail is coming from and what you need to secure to stop it. Turning
off all outgoing mail would be a good plan, until you find the
problem.

--
Andrew, Supernews
http://www.supernews.com