Re: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marc Perkel
Betreff: Re: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: <> ?
The idea of using <> for a from address is to prevent mail loops. I have
a thought on a solution for sender callout verification.

Suppose I were able somehow to do sender verification callout and set
the from address to something other than <> - maybe noreply@???.
That is something that I think would work for me. The noreply account on
my system would verify - but it would be a blackhole address.

Or - a feature in sender callout verification would be to do this:

Start with mail from: <>

Check for error - if it rejects <> then try an alternate from address.

I know I would rather see people who don't comply punished - but
unfortunately I'm not god.