RE: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: …

Inizio della pagina
Autore: David Brodbeck
To: exim-users
Oggetto: RE: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: <> ?

RFC and
> you could end listed at rfc-ignorant

I do accept mail from the null sender -- for every mailbox that actually
sends mail. If I'm obligated to accept them for accounts that don't send
mail, does that mean I'm obligated to accept them for accounts that don't
exist, too? Where should I route them?

> by our experience, this measure has no impact on the amount of spam
> received

By my experience it does. It stops one specific category of spam -- virus
warnings and DSN's triggered by mail sent with a forged envelope sender.
This isn't a large percentage but it's an easy one to eliminate.