Re: [exim] NUL characters are not allowed

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Chris Edwards
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] NUL characters are not allowed
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Jack Ziegler wrote:

| Hello,

| We're having problems with a handful of sites that reject messages with
| a 550 error, and the explanation "NUL characters are not allowed". I
| know that RFC 2822 specifies that a conformant receiver must accept
| messages with NUL, even though NUL is no longer allowed. What's most
| irritating is that the problem tends to happen on replies to messages
| that actually originated on another machine at the site that's
| rejecting the message. The offending NUL appears in quoted text from
| the original message.

Hi,

As Dennis has just suggested, you can get Exim to strip the nulls, or
(better) reject the messages in the first place - at submission time in
your case I think.

However, although it's quite common to *receive* such non-comforming junk
from the Internet, it sounds like your site is actually trying to *send*
such things. This means you have broken client(s).

Note that even if the your clients are replying to messages received with
nulls, they are broken if the nulls make back it into the fresh (reply)
message.

What client is your CIO running ? Any chance of fixing it ?

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service