Re: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: …

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Stephen Gran
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: <> ?
On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 07:24:38AM -0700, Marc Perkel said:
> ok - I've set up sender callout verification and I have a friend who
> can't send me email. His service provider rejects all messages "mail
> from: <> with 550 bogus sender.
>
> I tried to reason with him and got no where.
>
> Is there any logical reason that someone would reject <> as the from
> address for everyone? Or is this just nuts?

It is just nuts.  I use this as workaround, though:
  warn   !acl       = acl_whitelist_local_deny
         message    = Sender verify failed
         !dnslists  = dsn.rfc-ignorant.org/$sender_address_domain
         !hosts     = +no_check_hosts
         !verify    = sender/callout=3m,defer_ok

And then I set some acl_m* variables, and look at them later. If your
friends domain isn't already in dsn.rfc-ignorant.org, report him, and
then you won;t reject his mail. Or you could use an explicit
!domains = my.friends.domain
in that acl part.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Loneliness is a terrible price to pay   |
|  steve@???             | for independence.                       |