Re: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: David S. Madole
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: <> ?
From: "Marc Perkel" <marc@???>

> ok - I've set up sender callout verification and I have a friend who
> can't send me email. His service provider rejects all messages "mail
> from: <> with 550 bogus sender.
>
> I tried to reason with him and got no where.
>
> Is there any logical reason that someone would reject <> as the from
> address for everyone? Or is this just nuts?

Just nuts in my opinion. Undoubtedly they are trying to avoid junk from
"joe jobs" and fake virus crap. Their reasoning is probably that
recipients should reject mail at SMTP time if they are going to, rather
than generating a bounce later, so they just ignore the bounces.

But it's their choice, I suppose. Just like it's your choice to do
callout verification.

You could always try to reason with the service provider directly I
suppose. Or you could forget trying to reason with your friend about the
callout aspect and explain to him that he may never know if an email he
sends is not delivered for some reason, since he can't receive bounces.
Maybe he will see the light and switch providers.

David