Re: [exim] "retry time not reached for any host after a long…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Christiaan den Besten
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] "retry time not reached for any host after a longfailureperiod" (2)
Ohw, I feel lame ..... 'user error' :). Well, somewhat ...

I use Mailscanner for mail filtering, so the 'input' exim daemon has 'queue
only' set in the configuration. But exim requires to have a 'valid' router
and transport anyway .... ( even when you have queue_only enabled ). To make
exim happy I made the following router:

smarthost:
driver = manualroute
domains = *
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * 1.2.3.4
no_more

( localhost does not work, for exim than thinks it should forward the
message to the same host and suspects a loop )

It should simply accepts all mail (yes, should have used an 'accept' router,
juist build that one :) ) and should never realy be used because the daemon
should just (and does) queue the message.

But, exim -does- check if it can reach the (nonexistent) host. So its gives
an error once every 5 days ;) ....

Is there any particular reason for exim to check for 'valid'
transports/routers in a queue_only mode?

bye,
Chris