Re: [exim] Exmaple config for Exim and LDAP?

Autor: Steve Sobol
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exmaple config for Exim and LDAP?
Barry Flanagan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying t oget a fairly simple EXIM/LDAP system up and running but
> have been unable to find any usable config files.
>
> The set up is simple: 1 domain looking to LDAP for mail users, aliases,
> quota (and later smtp-auth, but that is not critical).
>
> I am using Exim 4.42 on Suse 9.1, and OpenLDAP 2.x
>
> Could someone point me in the direction of a working example config for
> such a setup?

I have one. But I use PAM_LDAP and NSS_LDAP. All of my logins authenticate out
of LDAP except a few that are in /etc/passwd because they are system accounts.

SMTP AUTH, etc. is done out of PAM.

And actually, local_domains loookups and virtual user aliases come out of a
MySQL database.

What specifically are you having problems with? Can you post details?

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@???
Apple Valley, California     Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.