Re: [exim] Some virii getting through?

Autor: Wakko Warner
A: Gururajan Ramachandran
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Some virii getting through?
> It appears that some virii may be getting through
> my Exiscan setup. The log file has the following
> errors:
>
> demime acl condition: base64 line length exceeds 76
> characters
>
> demime acl condition: base64 line contains illegal
> character
>
> demime acl condition: base64 line length is not a
> multiple of 4 characters
>
> The emails are delivered anyway. I think this is how
> the virii are getting through.

I wrote a mime parser once. It doesn't care if the line is >76 characters,
however, it messes up if there's a space or not a multiple of 4 characters
on the line.

It wasn't that trivial for me to fix so that it works correctly. I know
mutt doesn't have this problem with base64.