Re: [exim] lmtp problem

Autor: davide pasquale
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] lmtp problem
Il gio, 2004-10-07 alle 01:23, Dick Davies ha scritto:
> * davide pasquale <davide@???> [1005 00:05]:
> > Hi!
> > I have to setup an exim cyrus mailsever on a dedicated server.
> > This is the first experience with Exim and I have a problem with lmtpd.
> > I have this router:
> >
> > real_local_cyrus:
> > driver=accept
> > check_local_user
> > domains = +local_domains
> > transport = local_delivery_cyrus
> >
> > and the transport:
> >
> > local_delivery_cyrus:
> > driver = lmtp
> > command = /usr/sbin/cyrdeliver -l
> > batch_max = 20
> > user = cyrus
> > group = mail
> >
> > When I restart Exim4.20 I receive this error:
> > -transport local_delivery_cyrus: cannot find transport driver "lmtp"-
>
> Exim hasn't been built with lmtp support? run 'exim -bV' and see if it's
> listed under transports.
>
> You should still be able to use cyrdeliver to send the mails though,
> if you call it as a pipe it can then handle lmtp communication
> (which it looks like you're sort of trying anyway).
>
> something like:
>
> local_delivery_cyrus:
> driver = pipe
> command = "/usr/sbin/cyrdeliver ${local_part}"
> envelope_to_add = true
> return_path_add = true
> return_output =
> prefix = ""
> user = cyrus
> group = mail
>
> The user/group bit are just to be able to write to the lmtp socket, they
> may not be needed. And that's from memory so probably worth a google if it fails...

Thanks to all for the answers!
The problem is that, exim is compiled without lmtp transport :(
Now I think the best solution is to reinstall exim using rpm or sources
using the setting in Makefile LMTP=yes because in my test server all is
ok with lmtp :)
Davies I tryed your suggest but with not success..
Thanks!