Re: [exim] *sigh* luser issues..

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Jim Roberts, exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: Re: [exim] *sigh* luser issues..
At 4:10 pm -0400 2004/10/06, Jim Roberts wrote:

>I understand the objective is to reject spam at SMTP time, except
>for specific recipient(s). Is it possible to use the "fake reject"
>option, to effectively reject the mail at SMTP time, but keep a
>copy? Add a "magic header" to indicate this special circumstance.
>Then put something in the system filter to catch this case,
>delivering it only to "spamlovers," and /dev/null for any other
>recipients. Would this work? Just a thought.

of course it would not work if all recipipents are rejected (you
cannot have a DATA without valid RCPT). The problem here is that the
rejection is at the DATA phase, when it is impossible to discriminate
between recipients. If the criteria for rejection were all available
at the RCPT phase (as it is with some methods), then it is not a
problem to reject for the discerning users and accept for the
spamlover. The mail will then be delivered to the spamlover only.

Giuliano