Re: [exim] Sporadic lsearch errors in 4.33

Autor: Eric Bullen
A: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users, Eric Bullen
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Sporadic lsearch errors in 4.33
> Eric Bullen wrote:
>
>> I have quintuple checked 3-fold, and yes, it's the right filename. One
>> thing that I noticed as I researched this is that I can reverse the
>> email
>> addresses, and the 2nd one that failed originally will pass, and the
>> last
>> one (that originally worked) will fail. It's almost like a caching
>> problem- when I first fire up exim in debugging mode, the file is not
>> cached, and thus works. However, for the 2nd email address (where it's
>> already cached), it fails. I have also reduced the size of the user_list
>> to about 20 email addresses, and it still happens.
>
> Please try
> exim -d+lookup -be
> And use this lookup:
>
> ${lookup {xx@???} lsearch {/etc/exim/user_list.txt}}
>
> Can you reproduce the problem with that?
>
> Nico

# exim -d+lookup -be
Exim version 4.33 uid=0 gid=0 pid=6246 D=fbb95cfd
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.1.25: (October 24, 2003)
Support for: iconv() OpenSSL
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch dbm dbmnz passwd
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
changed uid/gid: -C, -D, -be or -bf forces real uid
uid=0 gid=0 pid=6246
auxiliary group list: 0 1 2 3 4 6 10
configuration file is /etc/exim/exim.conf
log selectors = ffffffff 7fffffff
trusted user
admin user
originator: uid=0 gid=0 login=root name=root
sender address = root@???
> ${lookup {xx@???} lsearch {/etc/exim/user_list.txt}}

search_open: lsearch "/etc/exim/user_list.txt"
search_find: file="/etc/exim/user_list.txt"
key="xx@???" partial=-1 affix=NULL starflags=0
LRU list:
:/etc/exim/user_list.txt
End
internal_search_find: file="/etc/exim/user_list.txt"
type=lsearch key="xx@???"
file lookup required for xx@???
in /etc/exim/user_list.txt
lookup yielded:

Doesn't look good- I would expect some result after the "yielded:". All
dirs of /, /etc/, and /etc/exim are all 0755 and the user_list.txt file is
0644 for perms. Any ideas? And I assure you that the "xx" and "yy" for the
email addresses are all single words with only lower-case alpha characters
in them.

-Eric