[exim] Re: Exim rejected RCPT not temporary

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Giuliano Gavazzi
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] Re: Exim rejected RCPT not temporary
At 1:11 am +0200 2004/10/04, Alex Neumann wrote:
>"Giuliano Gavazzi" <eximlists AT humph.com> wrote in message

let's start with this... what sort of reference is that? Are you
reading your email through some private sort of usenet/mail gateway?

[...]
>> you are not an end user, so please send some decent log entries.
>> Thanks
>
>1.
>exim_panic.log has no entries
>
>2.
>exim_reject.log states:
>
>2004-10-04 00:15:55 H=fmmailgate04.web.de [217.72.192.242] F=<xxx@???>
>rejected RCPT andreas@???
>2004-10-04 00:15:55 H=fmmailgate04.web.de [217.72.192.242] F=<> rejected
>RCPT andreas@???

[...]
>Tell me what else you need...

you should be a bit more verbose in your deny rules! Also you should
know what your deny rules are, but if you cannot work out why those
emails where rejected do a

exim -bh 217.72.192.242

and go through the SMTP dialog with the same parameters (do you know
how to do it?).

I wonder if xxx AT web.de is not forwarded to andreas AT yourdomain,
that would explain the bounce arriving to your account at the same
time as the rejection.
If you also do sender callout and reject empty senders this makes for
some interesting effects...

Perhaps you should also have warned us that your email address is
protected by that boring challenge/response SpamEater system. Did you
really give your account usename and password to a third party to
have your email filtered? Then why are you running exim at all?

And since my reply to the list triggered another protection system,
who is using the bluebottle verification system? I hope Nigel can
track this down and unsubscribe that user.

Giuliano