Re: [exim] malformed address: SIZE=[529] problem on "From : …

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: John W. Baxter
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] malformed address: SIZE=[529] problem on "From : " field
On 10/1/2004 1:24, "Philip Hazel" <ph10@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Steve Karlsen wrote:
>
>> While I'm getting the square brackets fixed on the content adapter - which
>> will take a little time, being as it isn't my box, does anyone know how to
>> get
>> the third Exim box (4.30) in the chain, to default to smtp instead of esmtp,
>> this will enable me to finish off some testing, with a temporary work around?
>
> It is the *client*, not the server, that decides to use esmtp (by
> sending EHLO instead of HELO). You could perhaps fudge up something by
> defining an ACL for acl_smtp_helo. Unfortunately, you can't discover
> whether the client sent EHLO or HELO, but what you can do is to reject
> the first one it sends (assumed to be EHLO) and accept the second
> (assumed to be HELO). Use one of the acl_cx variables to do this.
>
> It's a hack, but it might work.

The server *may* be able to influence the client by including SMTP rather
than ESMTP in the initial banner response to the connection.

See the main configuration setting
smtp_banner
It's expanded...experiment will show whether the sending IP address is
available at the moment of the expansion for building a conditional
banner...I suspect it is.

If you (Steve or Chris...I'm not sure the attributions are complete above)
get that working, then you'll quickly learn whether the appliance in
question cares.

I don't know whether this experiment or the work with the ACL is more likely
to be productive.

--John