Re: [exim] malformed address: SIZE=[529] problem on "From : …

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Steve Karlsen
CC: exim-users, chris
Asunto: Re: [exim] malformed address: SIZE=[529] problem on "From : " field
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Steve Karlsen wrote:

> While I'm getting the square brackets fixed on the content adapter - which
> will take a little time, being as it isn't my box, does anyone know how to get
> the third Exim box (4.30) in the chain, to default to smtp instead of esmtp,
> this will enable me to finish off some testing, with a temporary work around?

It is the *client*, not the server, that decides to use esmtp (by
sending EHLO instead of HELO). You could perhaps fudge up something by
defining an ACL for acl_smtp_helo. Unfortunately, you can't discover
whether the client sent EHLO or HELO, but what you can do is to reject
the first one it sends (assumed to be EHLO) and accept the second
(assumed to be HELO). Use one of the acl_cx variables to do this.

It's a hack, but it might work.