Re: [exim] route outgoing mail through a relay

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Frank S. Bernhardt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim Users List
Kopio: Luc Saffre
Aihe: Re: [exim] route outgoing mail through a relay
Luc Saffre wrote:

> In my situation I should probably let exim route any outgoing mail through
> my ISP's relay instead of sending it directly. I will also have to give exim
> my uid and password at the ISP's mailer.
> Is this possible?

Yes it is. You need to add a smarthost router in the 'begin routers'
section then in the 'begin transports' section you need to specify that
the transport requires authentication, then in the 'begin
authenticators' section you need to add the authentication method which
is usually of type LOGIN. This is the place to put the uid : password.

See page 127 of Philip's book for an example of a smart host and page
303 for an example of a LOGIN authenticator.

--

Regards

Frank S. Bernhardt
b.c.s.i.