[exim] malformed address: SIZE=[529] problem on "From : " f…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Steve Karlsen
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] malformed address: SIZE=[529] problem on "From : " field
Hi,

I have had a good rummage through the FAQ's and trawled google, without much
luck, found something with regard to 8bitmime having a similar problem, but
that didn't really help.

Have an Exim box (Solaris 9 exim 4.30) smart relaying traffic to a content
adapter, which is running sendmail, which then smart relays the traffic to
another Exim box (Solaris 8 Exim 4.30).

Traffic is able to go go from the first Exim box, through the content
adapter, however when it opens up an smtp session to third Box (exim), the
esmtp size extension on the "MAIL From " line (which was added by the first
Exim box in the chain), trips it up, giving us a 501 error.

MAIL From:<user@???> SIZE=[529]

501 <user@???> SIZE=[529]: malformed address: SIZE=[529] may not
follow <user@???>

Now I tried a few things from the command line on the Exim box that is
having the problem with the SIZE extension :

I tried opening up an smtp connection to it , using EHLO and then putting in
the "MAIL From" field with the SIZE extension in it, it still gives the same
error.

Has anyone any ideas?
Your advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks