Re: [exim] support for domainkeys

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Exim User's Mailing List
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Alan J. Flavell
Kopio: Exim User's Mailing List
Aihe: Re: [exim] support for domainkeys
[ On Wednesday, September 29, 2004 at 00:46:46 (+0100), Alan J. Flavell wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [exim] support for domainkeys
>
> Perhaps it's time to create a new blacklist of MTAs from which we
> reject bounces, while accepting otherwise-valid mails with non-null
> envelope senders.

Assuming an enthusiastic group of volunteers could be found to help
maintain such a list, that's not a bad idea.

Maybe rfc-ignorant.org could help?

> I don't really *want* to do that (since it clearly
> impairs the reliability of mail), but I'm getting heartily sick of
> dealing with several bounces per hour that are obviously classifiable
> as [collateral spam / backscatter / ricochet / call-it-what-you-will]
> but so diverse that they're impossible to spot by any codifiable rule.

No kidding! Sadly this is just another way to break e-mail in order to
deal with problems that shouldn't exist in the first place.

But several bounces per hour is nothing! :-)

(try dealing with several tens of bounces per second! :-)

> In this case, it also seems necessary to speak Russian to communicate
> with them. Some of our users do that anyway (hi Aleks), but they're
> not part of the postmastering cabal (TINC! SCNR).

Sadly this is also true. Maybe we should create a new postmaster cabal
that requires us all to learn and use Esperanto or something.... ;-)

(but realistically English is the _only_ common and working language of
the Internet, at least until the Great Firewall of .CN comes down....)

--
                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <woods@???>