Re: [exim] New To Exim need Anti-spam help

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Mike Meredith
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] New To Exim need Anti-spam help
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:08:15 +0100, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 08:56:17PM -0700, John Johnson wrote:
> > Hi, I am new to Exim I have been a qmail user for a long time and I see
> > that the Exim ACL's are very good and I can do a lot. What I would like
> > to do is stop spam that is addressed to my to from me, we really know
> > it's not me but I need to make exim know this so I can stop this spam
>
> Indeed, I'm sure the mailing list must be spam because I'll get a copy of
> what I sent to it back, and it'll have my name in the From: line... Oh no!

  deny condition = ${if eq {$sender_address}{$local_part@$domain}{yes}{no}}
    hosts = !+relay_hosts
    message = We do not accept mail where sender equals recipient

And strangely enough, it doesn't block mailing list mail! It's also not a
particularly good anti-spam measure.

> > crap. Also tips on SPF and greylisting are welcome, This box is using
> > fudora and Cpanel.
>
> Here's a tip on SPF: it's fundamentally broken, and you don't want to use
> it for anything.

That's a matter of opinion. However, there's very effective anti-spam
measures in checking HELO/EHLO parameters, etc. Do the simple stuff first.

> http://slett.net/spam-filtering-for-mx/ is a very good read, and you

Definitely worth reading.

--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer
University of Portsmouth: Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security