Re: [exim] question on squirrelmail

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Rudolf Weeber
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Kerwin@HIMAP
Kopio: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] question on squirrelmail
Hi,
On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 04:16:59PM +0800, Kerwin@HIMAP wrote:
> im very much new with linux..but i need to install squirrelmail on my mail srver...how will i do it?im currently running exim on it...wut r the steps to make?thank you!!!

Squirrelmail does not access normal Mailboxes (the files in
/var/spool/mail in which mail usually is delivered). Insted it accesses
an IMAP Server. That IMAP server hold the users'mailboxes.
A good IMAP servfer is cyrus. There is also documentation on how to
configure exim to deliver to cyrus.

Apart from that you need a webserver (usually apache) and php to serve
the actual webpages.

Yours, Rudolf