Re: [exim] support for domainkeys

Autor: Exim User's Mailing List
A: Ian Eiloart
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] support for domainkeys
[ On Tuesday, September 28, 2004 at 11:11:00 (+0100), Ian Eiloart wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [exim] support for domainkeys
>
> One way to encourage people to stop generating the bounces is to make the
> bounces stick on their own outgoing mail queues.

I'm afraid that doesn't help at all.

In the many months I was under attack earlier this year there was only
ever one single lone (successful) attempt by any other postmaster to
contact me and ask me if there was a problem; and despite my sending of
notification of bogus bounces to many hundreds of postmasters the best I
ever got back was sympathy for the borked nature of their software and
the inability of their vendor to make even the most basic recipient
verification available.

The people who are lame enough to use such broken software in the first
place are either too ignorant to figure out what's wrong or else too
lazy to do anything about it.

- --
                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <woods@???>