Re: [exim] Spam Filtering

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nic Ferrier
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: doug
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Spam Filtering
Doug Jolley <d2jcell@???> writes:

> Hi --
>
> I'm running Exim compiled with the Exiscan
> patch. As far as spam goes, I perform SPF
> checks. I accept all SPF Passes subject to
> a blacklist and summarily reject all SPF
> failures. Mail which neither passes nor
> fails the SPF test is run through SpamAssassin.
>
> For a variety of reasons, I'm not all that
> happy with SpamAssassin. I'm just wondering
> if anyone has put together an acceptable spam
> filter based on an Exim filter. I think that
> might be more to my liking. Just curious.
> Thanks for any input.

Yes. I've done a bayesian spam filter based on Exim's perl support.

I wrote a small article about my solution here:

http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk/nics-articles/spamhandle.html

That's a bit out of date (I'll rewrite it soon) because spamhandle.pl
now works with DBMs instead of text databases. That makes it very
quick and scalable. My current spam ratings database is 66Mb big but
all my mail is scanned by a single machine with an AMD K5 and 350Mb of
RAM (in other words, not very powerfull).

It's quite effective as a spam filter but I also filter out stuff with
headers from other spam software.

Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk