Re: [exim] Duff forward files

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Chris Edwards
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Aihe: Re: [exim] Duff forward files
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Ron McKeating wrote:

| To avoid re-inventing of wheels, has anybody done anything that does a
| callout if the user has a .forward file to see if it is valid, and if
| not delivers to the local address. We seem to get lots of students that
| forward their email to accounts that have expired long ago.

Unfortunately, since they've forwarded their mail elsewhere, the
implication is they're not reading their local (uni) - in which case
simply removing the forward is insufficient, as mails will fester unread.

Ideally some non-email-based method is needed to contact them.

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service