[exim] Exim 4, lmtp, xinetd and imapd

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Frank Brodbeck
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Exim 4, lmtp, xinetd and imapd
Hi list,

I'm stuck here with teaching exim to lmtp messages to $imapd. I tried
cyrus, binc and uw-imap. Host system is debian sarge.

Well, the problem seems to be - as far as I understand the circumstances
- that I can't access the imap daemon via sockets because the daemon
will be invoked by xinetd and I can't tell exim to start the deliver
command (e.g. cyrdeliver which seems to be the cyrus deliver renamed by
the debian package maintainer) because it resided within /usr/sbin.

Searching the web just gave me a bunch of appendfile stuff from exim 3.x
but I would love to use lmtp.

So, is there a way to pass messages to e.g. cyrus with lmtp in this
environment?

Here's my current transport, but it's just leading to a timeout due to
the /usr/sbin/ problem...

imap:
driver = lmtp
user = cyrus
command = /usr/sbin/cyrdeliver ${local_part}

TIA,
Frank.

--
Frank Brodbeck        |