Re: [exim] Problem with forwarding to multiple addresses

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dom Camus
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Problem with forwarding to multiple addresses
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:57:43 +0100, Nigel Metheringham
<nigel.metheringham@???> wrote:

> Just do
>
>    echo hello | exim -v -d+route+rewrite user@???

Excellent, thanks ! (Did need -d9 instead as recommended.)

Armed with the resulting huge pile of debug information I can now see
what the problem is. The following steps are taking place:

1) Mail arrives for "somename@???".
2) Exim looks this up in the correct alias file. It points to (local
user) "dom".
3) Exim then qualifies this with the name of the machine, so it
becomes "dom@???" (not what I wanted at all).
4) Exim then looks up the new address in the same aliases file, which
happens to exist and therefore results in delivery to a different
local user, "webmaster".
5) The address in the forward file for "webmaster" happens to be the
first of the two for "dom", which creates the illusion that the rest
of the .forward file has been ignored.

So it turns out all I need is the "real-" prefix. Phew !

Many thanks for the assistance.

Cheers,

Dom.