Re: [exim] SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error (i…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nigel Metheringham
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error (input sent without waiting for greeting)
On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 14:04 +0200, eL gino wrote:
> # openssl s_client -starttls smtp -host localhost -port 25

I'd expect that to work...
but
> # openssl s_client -connect localhost:25

that to fail (SSL connection to SMTP port)

> 56154 SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error (input sent without
> waiting for greeting): rejected connection from H=localhost [127.0.0.1]
> 56154 SMTP>> 554 SMTP synchronization error

I'd guess that the openssl code isn't speaking SMTP properly - just
firing a batch of commands at exim without waiting for the responses,
hence exim detecting it as a sync error. Try using a real mailer to it.

    Nigel.