Re: [exim] support for domainkeys

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: David Woodhouse
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: David
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] support for domainkeys
On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 18:15 +0200, David wrote:
> true, and as i said before every new idea that could be used to
> fight a part of the problem is welcome, and for me that also
> includes spf.

I think you misunderstand my objection to SPF. The problem isn't merely
that SPF isn't a panacea -- _nothing_ could be that.

The problem with SPF is that it introduces a _lot_ of breakage and
throws away valid email, while there are _better_ ways of achieving the
benefits that SPF offers. The breakage of SPF isn't _necessary_ to
achieve its objectives.

Not only that, but the breakage of SPF will put people off, and make
them less likely to deploy a real solution like whatever DomainKeys/IIM
becomes when it's actually ready.

--
dwmw2