Re: [exim] support for domainkeys

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: David Woodhouse
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: David
Kopio: Tony Finch, exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] support for domainkeys
On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 18:52 +0200, David wrote:
> Hi !!
>
> >>so BATV solves a very little portion of the problem generated by
> >>email forgery, it will be usable if all mailing list software where
> >>batv compliant (this is its main drawback).
> >
> > Your theory differs from my practice.
>
> just to clarify, that's not my therory, that's my practice.
>
> > I was getting lots of fake bounces
> > before February; I get almost none now.
>
> me too, and i'm not using srs, ses or batv. Batv looks fine, but
> i'm not sure that it will perform ok with all mailing lists out
> of there.

If you're rejecting all bounces which don't contain your own magic
header that you add to outgoing mail, you're rejecting too much. I
couldn't accept rejecting that much valid mail. Your position is
obviously different.

> > I'm on many mailing lists,
> > precisely one of which has a problem with SES.
>
> how batv solved the problem ses had with this mailing list ? have
> you tried batv on only one email address or with a gretar amount
> of usres ?

It's being done for a handful of users at the moment. There was never a
problem with this mailing list, as far as I recall.

--
dwmw2