Re: [exim] support for domainkeys

Top Pagina
Auteur: Exim User's Mailing List
Aan: David
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] support for domainkeys
[ On Thursday, September 23, 2004 at 17:21:27 (+0200), David wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [exim] support for domainkeys
>
> spf is not intended to stop spam, is about email forgery and by now
> there is no solution to stop email forgery that does not break anything
> or that does not require wide changes to smtp. So we have to try with
> a mixture of the best available solutions exposed

PGP stops forgery 100%, guaranteed, and breaks absolutely _nothing_,
guaranteed.

SPF cannot do anything about forgery for those millions of people who
will never use it either -- it's quite literally an all-or-nothing
"solution" that must be implemented by all mailers everywhere in order
to even begin to be effective whereas PGP guarantees to stop forgery for
every paired sender and recipient who use it and deploying PGP is done
on an as-needed basis and requires absolutely no co-operation on the
part of any ISP or postmaster.

- --
                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <woods@???>