Re: [exim] outbound spam delivery problem..

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: Brian
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] outbound spam delivery problem..
Brian wrote:
> We reject if it's over 12, and we tag over 6.5
>
> we reject a few thousand emails this way.. quite effective.. but there
> is still a grey area.

I've met Carl Hutzler, AOL's director of antispam ops, at several
antispam conferences, and on several mailing listss like spam-l.

Whenever someone tells him "AOL's blocking our mailserver because of
spam sent through .forwards to our users's AOL mailboxes" his usual
response, which I rather tend to agree with, and our userbase is just a
fifth of AOL's size, is "why do you forward spam instead of 5xx'ing it"?

You may want to lower your thresholds a bit.

regards
srs