Re: [exim] Oh boy, am I in trouble ...

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Marc Schiffbauer
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users@exim.org
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Oh boy, am I in trouble ...
* Thomas Hager schrieb am 23.09.04 um 10:14 Uhr:
> On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 22:27, exim@??? wrote:
> > Ok, I removed Exim 3 from my debian system and replaced it with Exim
> > 4. So far so good. Unlike Exim 3, which had a single configuration
> > file called exim.conf, Exim 4 appears to distribute configuration
> > information over several directories / files (I chose the "Do NOT
> > distribute configuratin over multiple files option"!)?
> if you want a monolithic config file, install it as
> /etc/exim4/exim4.conf. the exim binaries will then ignore the other
> configs and use this one.

But thats not the recommendet way. If you want to use one big config
instead of split files then edit /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template and
then call update-exim4.conf && invoke-rc.d exim reload

This will create /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated and exim will use
it as config file, but ONLY if /etc/exim4/exim4.conf DOES NOT EXIST.

Using this method has the advantage that exim config options stored
in the debconf database will smoothly be merged into the final
config file.

If update-exim4.conf will use the split files or the templete file
for config genereation depends on the setting "dc_use_split_config="
in /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf being set to true or false.

-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317 3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134