Re: [exim] exim on MacOSX

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Giuliano Gavazzi, Exim-Users (E-mail)
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] exim on MacOSX

--On Wednesday, September 22, 2004 11:30 pm +0200 Giuliano Gavazzi
<eximlists@???> wrote:

> I see (I found the bug you refer to), it is a problem with db versions.
> You have installed db4 from Darwinports, haven't you? I have not. Perhaps
> that removes the original /usr/lib/libdb.dylib. This is my exim:

-- And, On Wednesday, September 22, 2004 1:50 pm -0700 Tor Slettnes
<tor@???> wrote:

> The point remains, anything in /usr/local is stuff you installed on your
> own. It most certainly should not be something darwinports needs to
> depend on.
>
> You should need only /usr/lib/libdbm.dylib, not
> /usr/local/lib/libdb.dylib.
>
> -tor

Ah, good points, both. Looks like I've been going round in circles. Its a
long story, and I won't bore you with the details, but now I have simply:

LOOKUP_LIBS=-lldap
in Local/Makefile

and no modifications to OS/Makefile-Darwin. The build works, and is pretty
much "out of the box" now.

BTW, I had installed db4, but not from darwinports - which uses /opt/local.
I'd better have another look at that Portfile.

Thanks everyone!

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team