Re: [Exim] Using IMAP protocol to SEND email ??

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumptes vells: Re: [Exim] Using IMAP protocol to SEND email ??
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Using IMAP protocol to SEND email ??
On 4/24/2004 8:57, "Peter Galbavy" <peter.galbavy@???> wrote:

> Marc Perkel wrote:
>> The are a couple of downsides to SMTP AUTH. First - Port 25 blocking is
>> common - so you can't connect to something to auth in the first place.
>> And the other problem is that you have to authenticate separately to a
>> different process.
>
> Isn't that what the MSA port is for ? Yes, I am aware of the variety of
> application stupidities out there - but they are as easy to solve
> (easier, if you believe in standards) than adding
> message-submission-over-imap to clients.

But users use Microsoft Outlook Express and Outlook (the ones who
don't--like me--go away when the percentages are rounded "enough"). That
lets out the idea of "standards".

--John