Re: [exim] Debian: Exim4 "unstable"

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Walt Reed
A: exim
Cc: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: Re: [exim] Debian: Exim4 "unstable"
On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 11:41:50AM -0500, exim@??? said:
> Several persons commented on my use of Exim 3 instead of the current
> Exim4. The Debian Linux distribution currently includes Exim 3 as a
> "stable" package, whereas Exim4 is listed as an "unstable" package.
> Are there any Debian users on this list? If so, which version of Exim
> are you using? Is it the "unstable" Exim4?

The debian exim4 packages are quite stable. I've been using them for
over a year. There is an exim4 backport available for Woody that is
quite solid as well.

The debian term "unstable" is really a misnomer. Unstable (sid) is
actually Very stable. From a server standpoint, I haven't had any issues
at all over the past year. There are occasionally some issues with
Gnome, or some of the other GUI packages, but nothing that crashes the
OS. I personally find debian unstable more stable than most other
distro's stable releases.