Re: [exim] AOL Probs

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dennis Davis
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] AOL Probs

Cc: "Exim-Users (E-mail)" <exim-users@???>

>So I tried doing it locally here on campus and got the same error, the
>log entry says
>
>2004-09-21 15:57:12 SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error
>(input sent without waiting for greeting): rejected connection from
>H=[131.231.83.115]
>2004-09-21 15:57:12 SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error
>(input sent without waiting for greeting): rejected connection from
>H=[131.231.83.115]
>
>This is a bog standard OE client on XP set to use smtp authentication
>and ssl. It works fine if I use port 25.
>
>Is there something broken with OE that it barfs when you try to use
>other ports ?

Microsoft client. Yuk. Spit.

You'll probably need to connect to an exim which uses the
-tls-on-connect argument listening on port 465. This has been
discussed here before, and people have stated that there are various
clients that can't handle "standard" TLS connections on ports other
than 25.

  When I implemented -tls-on-connect for Exim 4.03, I thought I was
  supporting a few legacy clients that would soon die out.  Mistake.
  Sigh.
           -- Philip Hazel