Re [3]: [exim] [NEWBIE]Stop Spammers - How - Confused

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: exim
To: exim-users@exim.org
CC: Wakko Warner
Alte Treads: Re: [exim] [NEWBIE]Stop Spammers - How - Confused
Betreff: Re [3]: [exim] [NEWBIE]Stop Spammers - How - Confused
Hi.

Thanks for all the help.

Will commenting out the line

host_auth_accept_relay = *

prevent unauthorized users, i.e. spammers, from routing their messages through
this machine (in combination with

Quoting Wakko Warner <wakko@???>:
>Are you using exim 3.x?
>exim 4 does not have this option.

exim -bV reports:
Exim version 3.35 #1 built 06-May-2004 06:57:22

Does exim 4 include better protection against spammers?

With respect to my question:

Quoting Wakko Warner <wakko@???>:
>But to answer your question,
>that will accept relaying via auth for
>EVERYONE, not just your local users.

If I comment out the line

>host_auth_accept_relay = *

will that ensure that only users logging from the the urls/ip# listed under
host_accept_relay will be able to route messages?

TIA,
Joseph

Quoting Wakko Warner <wakko@???>:

> Keep me in CC.
>
> > > If I ran an ISPs mail server, I would:
> > > 1) disallow connections to port 25 from my customers
> > > 2) have my customers use port 587 (MSA), require authentication, and
> only
> > >    allow the sender to be the authenticated sender (to prevent spoofing.

> > >    NULL senders would be ok)
> > > 3) port 25 would never relay under any circumstances (that is excluding
> > >    domains that I mx for)
> > > 4) deny access to port 25 to the internet from my customers.  I would
> allow
> > >    this for dedicated (static IP) users so they could host their own
> server.
> > >    however, they would be responcible for security of their system (IE
> no
> > >    open relay)

Mail sent from: 24.126.78.239