Re: [exim] Reject connects from hostnames containing special…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Wakko Warner
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: John W. Baxter
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Reject connects from hostnames containing special words
> If you have a medium to large collection of mail recipients, you'll find
> yourself constantly making exceptions...there are a large number of small
> (and not so small) businesses and public organizations (several libraries
> come to mind from our exceptions) whose providers will not give them cogent
> reverse DNS and which think that running their own mail servers is a good
> thing.

If I were to guess you'd block my email as well. There are many providers
out there that will not set the rdns for you.

This server is located on a 56k dialup with a static IP, however, my
provider when asked about rdns gave me their dns server IPs.

I'd about wager to guess you'd also probably block mail from sourceforge. I
turned on helo verification for 15 minutes. I noticed it blocked all mail
on a mailing list I was on.

I EHLO as "animx.eu.org". The MX for animx.eu.org is animx.eu.org.
animx.eu.org A is 216.98.75.249. My IP is that. I honestly don't see a
problem. I feel so long as 1) the host's rdns is resolvable to a name and
back to the IP and 2) the DNS A of the helo points to the connectingIP.
(I'm sure someone who has his head up his... will say something else about
it).

Well, enough of that.. =)