Re: [exim] Reject connects from hostnames containing special…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Reject connects from hostnames containing special words
On 9/16/2004 2:14, "C.Kuesters@???"
<C.Kuesters@???> wrote:

> Is it possible to reject a connection if the senders hostname
> contains a special word/part in it? I would like to reject
> a connection if the looked up hostname contains a "adsl" part
> in it.

You've received answers which tell you how to do this.

If you have a medium to large collection of mail recipients, you'll find
yourself constantly making exceptions...there are a large number of small
(and not so small) businesses and public organizations (several libraries
come to mind from our exceptions) whose providers will not give them cogent
reverse DNS and which think that running their own mail servers is a good
thing.

I never got the average new exception count down below about 2 per week
while we were rejecting various suspicious name patterns. (Now, we stick in
a header which people can filter on and which *slightly* enhances a
message's SpamAssassin score.)

--John