Re: [exim] if ... then style ACL?

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] if ... then style ACL?
On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 08:47:04PM +0200, Giuliano Gavazzi said:
> At 2:22 pm -0400 2004/09/19, Stephen Gran wrote:
> >Hello all,
> >
> >I am presently working on greylisting, and I have it working, but it is
> >not doing exactly what I would like. I am using this acl fragment:
> >
> >  warn    set acl_m1 = ${readsocket{/var/run/greylist/exim_sockd.sock}\
> >                       {GREYLIST ${lc:$sender_address}
> >${lc:$local_part@$domain} $sender_host_address}{3s}{\n}{0}}
> >          hosts      = ! +no_check_hosts
> >          !senders   = :
> [...]

> this way acl_m1 is set in any case so the subsequent lines have no effect.
> Instead if you write:
>

> warn    hosts = !...
>     !senders = :  (but can't you be more consistent...)

:)

>     set acl_m1 = ....

> the last line is evaluated only is the first two are true.

Yes, that is smarter. I hadn't thought of it that way - I was for some
reason seeing the whole warn block as a piece, and not thinking about
the internal ordering of lines. Thanks for the cluebat.
|  Stephen Gran                  | It pays in England to be a              |
|  steve@???             | revolutionary and a bible-smacker most  |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | of one's life and then come round.   -- |
|                       | Lord Alfred Douglas                     |