Re: [exim] Thanks for all your input

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Thanks for all your input
Jon Kyme <jrk@???> wrote:

> Give than the "previous mail message" will only have one
> reverse-path, how should such a notification have more than one RCPT?
> 2821 goes on to say: "All other types of messages (i.e., any message
>    which is not required by a standards-track RFC to have a null
>    reverse-path) SHOULD be sent with with a valid, non-null
> reverse-path."

> Or have I overlooked something important? (wouldn't be the first time)

The reverse-path of the previous message (perhaps 'owner-listname@???')
might be subject to alias expansion somewhere, and result in more than 1
recipient

If more than 1 of these expanded recipients share an MX, then the delivery
of the NDR to that MX would have a null sender and more than one recipient.

Peter