Re: [exim] Re: [CLUG-tech] moving to exim

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: [CLUG-tech] moving to exim
On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 10:05:50AM -0700, TBlittlefoot wrote:
> There is no "flame war" going on here.

There is, but only because of you.

> Someone posted an explanation about how Exim works and another person said
> it was wrong but did not explain *how* it was wrong.

Oh dear.

> Anyone can say "RTFM". If that's all people are going to do, then what's
> the point of the list?

It's not all people do, or haven't you been here long enough yet to notice?

> It is a *generalized* user list, not a specialized one dealing only in
> advanced topics.

This is true, however, "I'm a newbie to email, and I can't be bothered to
read manuals" is not a useful post either. Why should I waste my unpaid-for
time to help someone who can't be bothered to even start helping themselves.

Peter was, at least, pointing this newbie in the direction of the manuals,
and pointing out that less than 5 minutes spent with the manuals would have
shown up Izak to be a) confusing, and b) plain wrong.

> And just *where* do you get off telling *me* what I can do with
> un-solicited mail that is sent to *my* mailbox and thus belongs
> to *me*.

Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act, UK, 1998

> I didn't invite you to post to me. I invited you to post to the list by
> posting to it.

You also published your own email address.

Well done.

Fuckwit

MBM

--