Re: [exim] How can I...?

Author: V. T. Mueller, Continum
To: Serhan Türkmenler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How can I...?
Hello Serhan,

On Freitag, 17. September 2004, Serhan Türkmenler wrote:
> I want x1 server to receive e-mail and check for virus and then forward it to x2 server. I know that in order to do this I need MX records such as this
> MX 0 x1....
> MX 1 x2....

By doing this you´ll need to ensure that x2 does not
deliver mails that are received from the outer world
directly. So you´ll have to inspect all incoming mail
on x2 if it comes from and has been scanned by x1.
Preferrably wou´ll decide this upon the IP address
because a specific header line is even less secure.

I could (and there are many here I bet) send you a
complete config for _one possible way_ to accomplish
the task. I would recommend that you make up your
mind on a few important parameters first, though:

 o  which AV model (exiscan, amavis, mailscanner,..) ?
 o  which scan-engine (sophos, na, ...) ?
 o  which authentication model (ldap, *sql, files) ?
 o  which additional checks (blacklist, greylists,
    spamassassin) ?
 o  [your specific needs here]

As soon as your mail architecture is basically set up,
it makes sense to ask for details. The AV setup can
look completely different depending on how some of the
above is designed.

Hth,
vt
--