Re: [exim] Regexp for catching "prefixed" Message-ID: fields…

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: Peter Savitch
CC: exim-users, Juha Saarinen
Subject: Re: [exim] Regexp for catching "prefixed" Message-ID: fields?
On Sep 17, 2004, at 01:00, Peter Savitch wrote:
> Juha Saarinen:
>> deny
>>    message     = Your message does not conform to RFC2822 standard
>>    log_message = missing header lines
>>    !hosts      = +relay_from_hosts
>>    !senders    = : postmaster@*
>>    condition   = ${if !eq {$acl_m0}{accept}{true}}
>>    condition   = ${if or {{!def:h_Message-ID:}\
>>                           {!def:h_Date:}\
>>                           {!def:h_Subject:}} {true}{false}}

>> The condition for the Message-ID: field doesn't catch things like:

> Do I miss something or you want the Message-Id, Date and Subject to be
> present in every message to be accepted? Did I understand you in a
> right
> way, that you DO NOT want the Blah-Message-Id to be treated as
> Message-Id?

Apparently, he does not want want to deny messages with no
'Message-ID', so long as a 'X-Blah-Message-ID' line exists.

I think that will defeat the purpose of having the check above in the
first place. The 'Message-ID' line is an essential ingredient of a
well-formed message; there may well be other 'xxx-Message-ID' headers
as well.

> Do you realize that `!senders = :' passes bounces (and spam) without
> checking?

Some autoresponders (mailing list servers..) do not automatically
generate Message-ID: in the response.

-tor