[exim] Setting up exim for use with procmail, Spam Assassin,…

Author: Marion Hall
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Setting up exim for use with procmail, Spam Assassin, & F-Prot Anti-virus
I'm trying to setup Spam blocking and virus protection for use with my exim
configuration on a Debian system. I'm looking for the easiest way to
integrate the spam scanning and the antivirus into it. I've found a little
information on using procmail. I've got procmail, spam assassin, & F-Prot
installed. I also, used the option from within Webmin that sets up procmail
for use with spam assassin. Spam still goes through the emails, so I guess
it's not working. This is my first time setting up procmail, so I'm pretty
sure I'm missing something. Here is what I think are the right
configuration files.

Exim.conf

# This transport is used for procmail

procmail_pipe:

driver = pipe

command = "/usr/bin/procmail"

return_path_add

delivery_date_add

envelope_to_add

# check_string = "From "

# escape_string = ">From "

suffix = ""

# This director runs procmail for users who have a .procmailrc file

procmail:

driver = localuser

transport = procmail_pipe

require_files =
${local_part}:+${home}:+${home}/.procmailrc:+/usr/bin/procmail

no_verify

/etc/procmailrc

DROPPRIVS=yes

:0fw

| /usr/bin/spamassassin

I haven't created any .procmailrc files for any users (I wouldn't know what
to put in them if I did).

Also how do I have procmail run f-prot to scan the emails for virus'.