Re: [exim] 3.20 to 4.42 upgrade problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [exim] 3.20 to 4.42 upgrade problem
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:05:25 +0100, Kevin Ratcliffe
<kev@???> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am having a little bit of a problem upgrading from 3.20(RPM) to 4.42.
> I still have the old RPM installed and am testing the new binary on a
> different port. I compiled 4.42 and the binary seems to build and
> install okay. I run the new binary with the same options as the rpm
> built exim. I can send a message and exim accepts it. When the message
> is for a remote domain the mail is sent okay. But when it is a local
> delivery, it stops in the queue. All local messages stay in the queue
> until I type 'runq' as root, then the local delivery completes. There
> is nothing obvious to me in the logs. I am assuming that it is a
> permissions error somewhere.

Probably - is your new exim binary suid root? It needs to be, in order
to do local deliveries as the appropriate uid. If you didn't run 'make
install' it probably won't be.

The piece of log information which isn't obvious to you may well have
a clue or two in - if the above doesn't help, post all log entries
relating to a particular stuck message for further inspection.

Peter