RE: [exim] secure, authenticated SMTP with exim and Outlook …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Savitch
A: erik.myllymaki
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [exim] secure, authenticated SMTP with exim and Outlook [Express]
Hello,

> My session looks like this(names changed):
> .
> .
> .
> AUTH LOGIN
> 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6IDsgUGFasdfasdf6
> cmFuZGFs
> login authenticator:
>    $1 = randal
> expanded string: myPassword
> 435 Unable to authenticate at present: myPassword
> LOG: MAIN REJECT
>    login authenticator failed for (localhost) [127.0.0.1]: 435 Unable

> authenticate at present (set_id=randal): myPassword
>
> So it does some back with the correct password, but still fails
> somehow...?

435 after the first prompt? What happened between `$1 = randal' and
`expanded string: ...' ?

Usually, 4xx codes mean temporary (internal) errors.
You should first insure your Perl is operational and your script is a
valid Perl script.

Make string expansion tests using -be Exim option, test whatever you put
into the authenticator in a stand-alone mode. What you've got?