Re: [exim] automatic signature for outgoing mails

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Niels Dettenbach
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] automatic signature for outgoing mails
> These signatures are completely pointless - both in general and in a
> legal sense (other than very limited application around financial
> dealers).

That may be for your environment. In this case this signatures was ordered for
a special egovernment environment by our regional government - that's not my
idea...

> Modifying a message in transit may also make you liable for the content.
> In this case combined with (say) a virus infected machine on your
> internal network mailing out, things could get very bad.

I know that - and the users too.

> Modifying a message will break any digital signatures, and has to be
> done extremely carefully so as to not make the message completely
> useless.

True too - but the government didn't seems that problem, because digital sigs
are on a long way here. The only sigs i.t will be used only inside the net
between the users...

> You could do this by using a transport filter on on the appropriate
> transport. The filter would need to take a message on stdin, massage
> it, and spit out the result on stdout.

OK - that would be the first useful hint..
thank you for that...

> > However I must stress that doing
> such a thing is just plain stupid.

May be... for me it is ordered... ~8(

Niels.

>         Nigel.

- --
- ---
GPG/PGP public key:
https://syndicat.com/pub_key.asc
Key fingerprint = 8246 460C 833A D9FB 3869 9187 E1EA 670C 3049 59CB